Follow by Email

Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays from Global Grooves

I debated on whether to include any Christmas or holiday music at all on the Christmas Eve edition of Global Grooves. I knew for a fact I did not want to play foreign language versions of overplayed Christmas music but I did find a couple of African tunes that are really stellar and run about nine minutes each. I found them here:

http://likembe.blogspot.com/2007/12/merry-christmas.html

"There's not a lot of African Christmas music out there, but I did manage to dig up a couple of tunes for your holiday enjoyment. Our first selection is by Kenya's Kilimambogo Brothers Band, "Shangilia Christmas Pts. 1 & 2," (Les Klimambogo LES 22). The second is side 1 of Ebenezer Obey's (left) 1972 LP Odun Keresimesi (Decca WAPS 62), also known as A Christmas Special From the King of Juju."-Likembe Blog


So I want to wish all my readers and listeners a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus and a Festive Kwanzaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment